Baba Saheb Ambedkar Road, Tawi, Jammu, Jammu and Kashmir 180006



Welcome To Distance Education

Image-2

Staff

Image-2

Vice Chancellor

Image-2

Campus

About

The Directorate


The Directorate of Distance Education (formerly known as Institute of Correspondence Education) was established on 3rd March 1976 in the University of Jammu (www.jammuuniversity.in). University of Jammu was established in 1969 vide Kashmir and Jammu University Act following bifurcation of University of Jammu and Kashmir (Estab. in 1948). With the establishment of Directorate of Distance Education, the University of Jammu within 7 years of its establishment became a dual mode University from a conventional University.
Directorate of Distance Education is located in 118.78 acre of main New Campus of the University, which houses teaching departments, centres, administration block, examination wing, college development council, department of student welfare, information wing, continuing education, information, computer center,

The University


The University of Jammu, accredited as 'A+' grade University by National Assessment & Accreditation Council of India came into existence in 1969 vide Kashmir and Jammu Universities Act 1969 following bifurcation of the erstwhile University of Jammu and Kashmir.
The University provides instructions in such branches of learning as it deems fit and makes provision for research and the advancement and dissemination of knowledge. The University stands for spiritual and material elements in life, thirst for knowledge and virtue under the backdrop of holy peaks of Trikuta Hills. University of Jammu holds examinations, grants degrees, generates knowledge and confers diverse academic distinctions on persons who pursue approved courses of study in the University or in constituent colleges/institutions approved for the purpose also for those who appear as

© 2017 Directorate Of Distance Education . All rights reserved | Design by Say Technologies